This past week I have spent hospitalized. But fortunately, the week before that happened I had oodles of work to do and lots of orders as well. So here’s a brief synopsis on what I’ve been doing…
- Turquoise Color Palette – This hand blended color palette was made using a custom blue-metallic turquoise. I then made a tint and 2 shades (see my Color Guide for more info). The majority of this palette was used for Teak. Adopt Teak here.
- Purple Color Palette – This hand blended color palette was made using a custom cool metallic purple. For this color I also made a tint & a shade. These palettes give a very monochromatic look, but the colors are different enough that they play well off each other (see my Color Guide for more info). The purple color palette was used on Bugsy. Adopt Bugsy here.
- Saint Patricks Day Pendants & Brooches that I made for some sample projects. They were inspired by the always fabulous, Ron Lehocky.
- Look at the faux techniques I’ve been playing with. Cinnabar, Ivory, & Turquoise. These faux techniques are part of the Pavelka Project. We are having lots of fun & Lisa has provided some fantastic prizes. Be sure to check it out.
- Last but not least, this gorgeous red/yellow skinner blend has been used for Monday’s Tutorial for Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club Members. You do NOT want to miss this; be sure to join now for only $5 for your first month. Get Club Details Here.
Polymer Clay Inspiration & News
- This week Christi Friesen’s Walking Pod class was released. WOW! What a treat! This is one of my favorites so far. If you haven’t joined the Polymer Clay Adventure yet, join the fun here.
Ginger Davis Allman from The Blue Bottle Tree just wrote a lovely article on 8 different ways you can achieve a metallic effect on polymer clay. Don’t miss this great article.
- New perks & fun are coming for Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club Members. You won’t want to miss this. Join the fun now.
Meg Newberg’s Cane Builder eZine was especially enjoyable this month, be sure you don’t miss it. It’s a small fee of just $5 per month for one caning tutorial.
- I’ve also really been enjoying the new tutorials & projects from Christi Friesen’s Neighborhood. It’s a subscription tutorial club for $24.99 a month.
Weekly Tidbits & Fun
- Yes, I did say I was in the hospital. I was born with Cystic Fibrosis and have lived with it my entire life. You can read this post here to find out more about my journey (or follow my CF blog here). Also, view my updates on living with Cystic Fibrosis here on my FaceBook page.
- I’m eagerly writing down ideas for projects and inspirational things too. This way when I get home, there will be lots of fun to be had!
Want to be an artist of inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.