March Pavelka Project
Polymer Clay Faux Techniques
Cinnabar, Ivory, & Turquoise
Welcome back to the Pavelka Project! This month is going to be a little different from the first two months. Since we have done clocks in February, we are going to switch back to jewelry this month. In the previous 2 months we have tackled a specific project. This month we are working on technique and color mixing which is different from our past projects. Techniques can be used in your pieces in the future.
- Book Being Used: The Complete Book of Polymer Clay by Lisa Pavelka
- Project Page: 100 and following
- Project: Faux Techniques
- Premo! Polymer clay
- Acrylic paint in a variety of colors depending on which faux project you choose
- Acrylic paint brush
- Baby wipes or soft sponge
- *Metal Craft Wire (I prefer 24-28gauge but any flexible soft wire will do) to make eye pins.
- Sculpting tools
- *Salt scrub to clean your hands (Get my recipe HERE)
* Denotes optional supplies
What You Are Going to Make
To be entered to WIN a prize you must:
- Using Lisa’s book as a guide create at least ONE pendant from polymer clay using one of her 5 faux techniques.
- You must either email me a photo of the item you created OR add the photo to the folder in our FaceBook group.
- Here’s the BONUS for this month: For each and EVERY pendant you post, you are eligible to win! So … make 4 pendants, post 4 pendants, get 4 entries to win!
- REMINDER: Your project is to make beads & pendants this month.
You can make MANY things from these faux techniques. But we will be using these as a model to incorporate into later projects if you’d like.
Ready to Make Some Beads & Pendants?
Click to get the recipes to make the following beads & pendants:
The Pavelka Project
The Pavelka Project is done in conjunction with Lisa Pavelka. All tutorials are retaught here with her expressed permission. Please make sure to read about the project here and get answers to the most common FAQS here.