Faux Cinnabar Tutorial
Posted on March 6, 2015 in 2015 Pavelka Project, Tutorials by Katie Oskin
Polymer Clay Faux Cinnabar Tutorial
This faux technique is one of 3 faux techniques for the 2015 Pavelka Project in March.
* Denotes optional supplies
Feel free to use the recommended color recipes in Lisa’s book or you can use the recipe here below.
Remember that these tutorials are for the color recipes only … it is up to YOU to design & make your own project.
- Use the following proportions of clay to make approximately 2-4 pendants
- Use the following ratio:
- 1 part red pearl (older discontinued color) – If you do not have this, add some red mica powder to the blend and condition thoroughly to disperse through clay
- 4 parts cadmium red hue
- 1 part ecru (for a lighter color, shown in picture two) add an extra part ecru.
- 1 part burnt umber
- Thoroughly condition clay.
- You are now ready to use your clay for whatever you’d like.
- The two pendants shown here I made using a basic stamping technique and the Symbolic Beads Tutorial from Debbie Crothers.
- Once your items are baked you can add a medium brown acrylic paint for an antiqued effect.
The Pavelka Project
The Pavelka Project is done in conjunction with Lisa Pavelka. All tutorials are retaught here with her expressed permission. Please make sure to read the FAQS here.
Until next time, Happy Claying,