There certainly has been a lot going on this week in my studio. It’s the time of year when I am busier than ever. Not only with orders, but with the huge amounts of gifts that I make each and every year to give to family, friends, or loved ones. Here’s a peak inside my studio, see what’s going on and what I’ve been working on since last Wednesday.
Work In Progress at Kater’s Acres
As you can see above, there is a LOT going on in my studio this past week. I even pictured some of my Christmas orders. But mostly this past week I have been busy making gifts for family, friends, & loved ones. As well as photographing & making new things for some cool tutorials. So … let’s see what’s going on, starting from the top left corner & going around counter clockwise.
- Train – This is a gift for my Dad for Christmas, he’s a train fanatic. This train is a large 2D sculpture at 5″ by 7″. Though it is not remotely close to being done, it’s coming along nicely. I am very disappointed in how it baked, but I’m hoping I can fix portions of that on the next baking cycle.
- Canes – This past week is the week of canes, all kinds of canes! Pictured are my leaf & petal canes for the Friesen Project for this coming Friday’s project, caned flower petals.
- Snowman Tags – Every year I make new tags for our Christmas gifts that we give to friends, etc. This year I made snowman tags with snowflake canes & crystals in them. The tags are always simple and nothing too fancy, but cute too.
- Memory Hook – I’ll be honest, my memory is NOT the greatest. Because of this I have to write myself a lot of notes. One of those this past week was in my studio. It has been around 15degrees (Fahrenheit) around here, which means I have a cold studio. So I have to turn on the heat. The major problem … I forget to turn it off. Let’s see if this helps, shall we?
- More Canes – Pictured in the bottom right are some more canes. Look for the Christmas tree doodle cane coming next week as a free tutorial here on the blog.
- Pens – I make a LOT of pens. Not just to give as gifts, but because I am secretly a polymer clay pen hoarder. Sssshhh! I would trade pens a million times with artists if I could. This being said, if you want to trade a pen with me, contact me here.
- Custom Ornaments – This is one of the orders I worked on this past week, a pair of custom ornaments I was commissioned to do for two boys and their Christmas stockings. I really hope they like them.
- SNEAK PEAK Preview – Last but not least, this week’s Friesen Project sneak peak. Poinsettia pins using caned flower petals and leaves.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are your works in progress? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!