About once a month I spend an entire week creating & making new polymer clay canes. Some of them are dedicated to a certain project, others are for the 52 Weeks of Canes, & some are just to stretch myself. So here’s what I worked on last week for several hours, clockwise from top left.
- The finished results of trying to duplicate the flower shown at right. A complete blog post for this project will be posted on Friday, Aug 8th.
- One of the finished flowers for this flower at right.
- My newest Parker StoryBook Scene, “Parker Spaceman” inspired by Patty Durham’s “Space Girl on a Mission.”
- A flower necklace I created in an effort to duplicate the flower at right. This one I placed on brown leather cord with matching beads made from the cane ends.
- A snapshot of the pre-baked focal beads in teardrop shapes made exclusively from the cane ends of the two cane patterns show at right.
- Scrappy pendants! I have made these pendants in the past, see the blog post here, and I simply love them. I first made a swirl pattern on them, added some micro-caned embroidery using my own canes, pearl-ex powder accents, swarovski hot fix crystals, and a few micro eye screws. Once they were baked I sealed them with my favorite varnish, Varathane.
- The blend I used to make the canes, my blog post on Friday will reveal the color recipes I used.
- Week 27 cane for the 52 weeks of canes, a butterfly cane that used 1/2 of my reversible cane as its base.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!