Polymer Clay Snail Tutorial
- Premo! Polymer Clay
- 3-5 Colors of your choice about 1/4 bar of each
- Liquid Polymer Clay or Bake & Bond
- Rigid Clay Blade or X-Acto Knife
- Needle Tool
- Your Hands
- Polymer Clay Oven
- Varnish (Optional)
- Baby Wipes
- Instant Hand Sanitizer or Rubbing Alcohol
- Polymer Clay Hand Scrub – Get My Recipe Here
Polymer Clay Snail Tutorial Instructions
- First chose your clay colors.
- Marble a few colors together.
- Make a long snake & taper each end.
- Roll the snake into a round coil.
- Make a tapered log from another color.
- Pinch a “neck” area.
- Place the two pieces together firmly.
- Take a small amount of a complimentary color and make a semi-circle shape.
- Place on top of the head.
- Add a flat strip around the seams (this will make an instant cloche hat).
- Add a few flowers or decoration to the snail shell & body area (this will offer additional support to the seam).
- Use a needle tool to insert eyes.
- Give your little snail a nose & mouth.
- Add some wire antennas.
- Add decoration to your snail.
- Bake in your polymer clay dedicated oven for 45-60 minutes on 275 degrees covered in foil.
Thanks for joining me today,
Free polymer clay tutorials are made possible by Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club Members.