This polymer clay alien tutorial is for an easy diy project to accompany your other SPACE themed items.
This month here at Kater’s Acres, we are exploring Space (yes, the final frontier type space)! There’s lots of opportunities to be creative by creating your own Galaxies and adding unique space-themed elements like this alien. I hope you enjoy this polymer clay alien tutorial.
Step by Step Directions
- Gather some green polymer clay (I prefer Premo! by Sculpey). You’ll need approximately 1-2 ounces.
- Fully condition clay.
- Roll four equal sized balls of clay.
- Flatten two into small rounded teardrops and place side by side.
- Roll the other two into oval shapes, flatten slightly on top of the two teardrops (top left).
- Using clay about the size of a walnut, roll a large teardrop.
- Place the teardrop on top of but between the “legs” you just made.
- Take another piece of the green clay (about the size of a hazelnut) and roll it into a rounded teardrop.
- PINCH the fat part (near the top) to create instant eye sockets.
- Use a needle tool to draw a mouth.
- Shape mouth as desired.
- Roll a black teardrop about the size of a pea. Cut the teardrop in half.
- Place each half of the teardrop into the eye sockets.
- Shape head as desired.
- Take two more pieces of clay approximately the size of a dime each.
- Roll into elongated teardrops. Flatten the “fat” end gently by squeezing.
- Cut the fingers from the fat end and shape as desired.
- Trim arms as needed and add onto body.
- Be sure to give arms movement so your alien looks more realistic.
- Add a few hot fix crystals for character.
- Add antenna using wire and tiny “dots” for antenna ends.
- Bake in a polymer clay dedicated oven for 45 minutes at 275 degree Fahrenheit.
More Space Fun with Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club
Visit the tutorials shop to get the Galaxy tutorial, Spaceman tutorial, Alien worksheet, and bonus travel watercolor tin tutorial free!
Thanks for joining me today,
Free polymer clay tutorials are made possible by Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club Members.