What To Do with Your Leaf Cane Scraps Tutorial
Posted on November 10, 2015 in Tutorials by Katie
Have Leaf Cane Scraps?
Try This Simple Polymer Clay Tutorial
Most polymer clay artists end up with a significant amount of scraps, but discovering what you can do with those scraps is the fun part. You do not always have to throw them in your “junk clay” bin and wait to use them for bead centers.
Want to See More Scrap Clay Tutorials? Click here
Leaf Cane Scrap Necklace Tutorial:
- Gather your leaf cane ends / pieces.
- Cut thicker slices from your cane (about 1/4″ section).
- Use sculpting tools to add dimension and shape to your cane slices.
- Cut a 3″ piece of wire.
- Curl the end.
- Add a drop of Bake & Bond to the wire.
- Stick the wire into the leaf with the curl parallel to the leaf cane slice.
- Bake in your polymer clay dedicated oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool in oven.
- Add beads to your wire pieces and string onto chain, ribbon, or opera length cording for a simple and fun pendant.
What Else Can You Make?
Maybe you’re not a jewelry person, that’s okay! There are a LOT of other great options for this same project:
- Zipper Pulls
- Fan Toggles
- Planner Decorations
- Scrapbooking Design Elements
What else can you make utilizing this project? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Thanks for joining me today,
Until next time – Happy Claying,