What’s Going on in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio?
Welcome back to another WIP Wednesday in KatersAcres polymer clay studio. Today not only will you see some things I’ve been working on, but you’ll also get a few of my recommendations as well. ENJOY and don’t forget to join me in Parker’s Clay Tribe, a free polymer clay FaceBook group.
Inside KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
- Many of you know both my husband and I are ministers. We serve at First Baptist Church in Hubbard, Ohio. Here’s the two of us at our 2nd annual Blessing of the Bikes event for motorcyclists and their riders this past Sunday.
- I have to FACE the fact that I may be in over my HEAD with my face vase as it’s filling up FAST!
- Every head I make in my studio starts out as a ball with drawn on proportion lines. I’m not sure how many artist’s don’t use this method to be honest.
- This is Quark, Senior Advisor to the elf lord of Yonder Wood. I love all the faces I make (well, kind of) … but some of them I REALLY love, like Quark for example.
- I get so excited when my order of polymer clay pens from Carola of Polymer Clay Shed arrives. Look at these gorgeous pens she made … just for me!
- And this nerdy face is perhaps my favorite of the past week. This is DiNardo, my super nerdy friend!
- Farris is filled with allergies (poor guy), but he’s an elder elf of Yonder Wood … he’s earned his red nose!
- “Spring Emerges” – This brass assemblage [get parts to make your own at B’Sue Boutiques] features flowers and leaf canes made by me. This darling bird was a gift from Janet Wilson. I made this at the most recent B’Sue Workshop Weekend. [See details here]
- “Rhasta” is my new Jamaican lion … well I think he looks Jamaican! I was in a lion mood … and this lion is a spin off from Christi Friesen’s “Jungle” book. Get a FREE lion tutorial here.
- Last but not least … with so much to do … coffee has been my mainstay! Praise the Lord for my Keurig!
This Week’s Most Popular PDF Tutorial: Face Vase Tutorial
This Week’s 2nd Most Popular PDF Tutorial: Faux Collaged Veneers
Come and Join the Fun!
Online communities are a LOT of fun. Parker is hard at work gathering clay enthusiasts and has opened up his own clay group: Parker’s Clay Tribe. It’s a FREE group for anyone who plays with clay on FaceBook. We have swaps, challenges, prizes, and even giveaways. Anyone is welcome to join. Parker’s Clay Tribe is sponsored by Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club. Consider becoming a member and learn to make your own whimsical creations.
Come & Learn Online with the Polymer Clay Adventure
There are so many unique and wonderful classes at this year’s Polymer Clay Adventure (including one from yours truly). Are you one of the hundreds of people joining in on the fun? I can’t stress to you enough how phenomenal this Adventure is. You get to try a wide variety of projects, techniques, and styles. This Friday Shannon Tabor will teach us how to make some gorgeous flowers. Gorgeous and highly detailed, I have been highly anticipating this class. I invite each of you to join us, it’s such good fun! There are three ways to pay for your Adventure: full payment, a gift for someone you love, or pay for it over 3 monthly installments.
My favorite by far this year is Laurie Mika’s home and studio tour and he tiny tin shrines class. WOW! What fun. You can read about my project I did from her class here. This course is just one of 23 others that you will be taking in the 2016 Polymer Clay Adventure.
FYI: I do tend to post photos on Instagram during the week so you can follow and stay up to date with me and what I’m working on (and get a surprise coupon every once and awhile too). Feel free to come over and follow me on instagram so that you can see behind the scenes work in my studio as well as some tips & tricks as I post them.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!