Inside My Polymer Clay Studio
What’s Going on in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio?
I’ve just returned from a week long vacation and a couple days away for work in Columbus, Ohio. I hope that you follow me on instagram so that you can see behind the scenes work in my studio as well as some tips & tricks as I post them.
- These cute little faces were made for a custom nativity set for a special client. These faces were made using my favorite “skin” color recipe. [Get the Premo! color recipe here]
- You’ve probably seen this all over the internet and here on the site, the 2016 Polymer Clay Adventure. I wanted to be sure that you all know I’m giving away 26 prizes and guess what … there are STILL prizes yet to be claimed, but you have to hurry and join today because the prizes are running out!
- This steampunk pendant was made to go along with the Christi Friesen September project challenge of “Mechanical Organical.” [See my big project here] This project was made using steampunk components from Lisa Pavelka and B’Sue Boutiques. You can get the tutorial for my reversible cane & glowing leaf cane here on the site.
- Very sad that this is the last pile of scrap clay in my studio. Most of my scrap comes from cane ends as I reuse every single color blend and recipe I use here in my studio. You can see my clay box and explanation of how I reuse solid clay colors here.
- See Parker hiding in the foliage on a coffee cup? This photo happens to be taken on Center Street, a road just off of Main Street USA in Walt Disney World. What’s in that cup you ask? Great question. It’s my favorite, a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. MMMmmm!
- What do you get when you mix a boa with polymer clay? You get an awesome monster doll that you can make yourself for Halloween! Get the tutorial here.
PRO TIP: Nature’s Inspiration
Autumn is my favorite time of the year, the gorgeous colors and the crisp cool air are so refreshing after a very warm & humid summer. The picture at the left I took of Pymatuning Lake, which is right next to where I live. It is absolutely stunning in the fall. You can use Mother Nature as your inspiration for designs & pieces. Pay attention to the variety, depth, & facets of this rich, deep, & vibrant colors. Use them in your own work this season.
Here’s a few tutorials to help you be inspired by fall:
- Steampunk Leaf Pendants by KatersAcres & B’Sue Boutiques
- Mica Shift Pendant by The Blue Bottle Tree
- Zero Scrap Fall Pendant Tutorial by KatersAcres & B’Sue Boutiques [Free Video Tutorial, Get the Supplemental PDF here]
- Fall Leaves Pendant by PolymerClayTV
Weekly Tidbits & Fun:
- For the first time in 10 years my family & I were able to take a vacation together. So my Mom, Dad, brother, hubby & I hit the road and met up in Walt Disney World. We had a great 5 day trip. Here’s the dinosaur that we just happened to find lurking about… We all know how I feel about dinosaurs! [Get a baby T-Rex tutorial here]