Work in Progress Wednesday
Welcome back to Kater’s Acres Polymer Clay Studio
A Scrappy Week
Welcome back to “Work in Progress Wednesday!” Just so you know, “a scrappy week” is not a metaphor or a replacement for another word. Rather, it describes exactly what most of my time in my studio was spent doing … playing with scrap clay! I’ve been so busy creating the past several weeks that I have generated a lot of scrap. Often, I just throw it in a giant glass bowl awaiting future use. When I’m caning however, I will often have a sheet of clay ready to make a Stroppel Cane to help absorb those wonky cuts.
Ideas for Scraps
Having my scrap bowl overflowing and having created two different Stroppel canes this week, I decided that I had to do something else with all those scraps …. so, playing with designs and creating with scrap is what I did.
- Get the tutorial for making cute scrappy heart pins.
- My hired help (which went unpaid) in the studio this week, my beloved hubby.
- One of this week’s (and my favorite) scrap Stroppel Cane made from my cane ends.
- A few Holo Effect projects I’ve been working on.
- The new way I quickly cooled my polymer pens, in snow. I then had a quick giveaway on my FaceBook page. I’ll do these more often, so make sure you join me on FaceBook.
- Parker & Puffin StoryBook Scene was released this week.
- A few snap shots of my scrappy pens. Get the mini-tuts & more ideas here.
- And last but not least, more embroidered hearts. Many of these also used scrap clay for the flower petals. They came out pretty good I think. (A tutorial for these hearts went out to Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club this week & will be available for purchase in my Etsy shop in one month.)
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!