Perfect for Valentine’s Day
Heart Pin Tutorial
- Gather about 1 oz. of your scrap clay. Set it aside.
- Choose a background clay for your heart.
- Roll your background color through a medium setting on your pasta machine.
- Run your clay through your extruder using a 3 circle, round disk.
- Extrude strands no shorter than 6″ each.
- When you have your strands, twist them together to create a spiral.
- Lay your twists down on your background sheet.
- Place a sheet of saran wrap over your new sheet. This will make nice rounded edges on your hearts.
- Use a heart shaped cutter to cut our your pins.
Finish Your Hearts
- Once your hearts are cut out, use the scraps from the background to make a nice long snake.
- Wrap your snake around the rim of your heart.
- Note: You can use a solid non-scrap color if you’d like.
- Use a metal knitting needle to add texture to the sides of your heart.
- Add a cute little heart embellishment to the corner of your heart.
- Add a Swarovski crystal for sparkle.
- Add a patch or a cane slice for added fun.
- Add a pin back to the back or if you’d rather, add a little hook to the top to use it as a pendant.
- If you add a pin back, add a cute little ornamentation over the pin back to keep it in place.
- Don’t forget to add your signature stamp or cane slice that tells your name.
Thanks for joining me today,
Whimsical Sculpting Tutorial Club – BasicFrom: $9.95 / month
Polymer Clay Faux Collage Technique Veneers Tutorial$14.95
Faux Flower Sculpture Tutorial$14.95
Premium Monthly Polymer Clay Sculpting Tutorial Club$14.95 / month and a $2.50 sign-up fee