Polymer Clay Review: Premo! Sunset Pearl
Posted on May 28, 2015 in Product Reviews by Katie Oskin
Premo! Accents® Polymer Clay Review
Polyform’s 2015 Color Releases – Sunset Pearl
Sunset Pearl Polymer Clay Review:
- Brand / Line: Premo! Sculpey® by Polyform
- Name: Sunset Pearl
- Color Shift Rating: 1
- Softness Rating: 7
- There is NO color shift in this from unbaked to baked & I absolutely LOVE that. Polyform’s Premo! line over the years has been much better about color shift, with just a few of their colors having massive “shift” effects post baking. The same can not be said about the SculpeyIII® line.
- It could be because the clay is so new & hasn’t had time to “settle” yet, but as a general rule all metallic clays from Polyform containing mica tend to be MUCH softer than other clays. This clay is a “7” on the softness scale, but is MUCH softer than any other color Polyform released this year. This may change over time.
- The mica in this color is so soft and gorgeous I can barely stand it.
- Of all the colors Polyform released this year, this one is my favorite. I will use this one a lot.
- Palette Considerations:
- This color looks gorgeous paired with the new Wisteria & Sunshine, both from the Premo! line.
Read more about my Color Shift & Softness Ratings here.
The polymer clay for this review was generously provided to me by Polyform.
Thanks for joining me today,