Old blogger uncategorized posts
Protected: test-postPosted on
Faux Stained Glass?! Made with Polymer ClayPosted on — 2 Comments
Faux Stained Glass
with Translucent Liquid Sculpey
We are trying some new things with our store this year. Some of those things we have never done before. Or in the case of our Interpretive Art Pendant Series, we’ve done them a lot but never listed them in our Etsy store. One of the NEW things that we are trying to 2012 is “faux stained glass” sun catchers. The picture above is a picture of the three sun catchers we did in honor of Valentine’s Day. We hope to do MANY more suncatchers.
The pattern was first hand-drawn and placed on parchment paper. The black clay was used to outline the design. Then translucent liquid Sculpey was blended together with vivid alcohol inks. The colors were mixed and then place into the heart. The colors were then “feather” together using knitting and sewing needles. The heart was then baked. The resulting effect is a semi-translucent “sun catcher” that allows light through in beautiful patterns. Try making these also with mica powders.
Sculpt Your Dreams,
Iced Coffee RecipePosted on — 5 Comments
Iced Coffee Recipe
Iced coffee has never tasted better than on a 90+ degree day, such as we had here yesterday in NW Pennsylvania. One of my favorite summer drinks is by far iced coffee. I used to spend over $3.00 on ONE of these at the nearest Dunkin’ Donut or Starbucks. But now, I’ve gotten smarter! I’ve figured out how to make the PERFECT cup of iced coffee, each and every time. And the best part, it costs only about $0.30 per glass to make. So, if you’re a fan of this cooled down, chilled out, version of the famous Cup of Joe, you’ve got to try this! You can tailor this base iced coffee recipe to suit your tastes. Continue reading Iced Coffee Recipe
Product & Store TestimonialsPosted on — 27 Comments
- “I LOVE PARKER!!! so adorable… makes me smile every time I see him with me!” ~Krystal, owner of the Original Parker Keychain
- “I love my Parker!” ~CanineCloset owner of the LE Glitter Parker Keychain
- “He’s so adorable, I love him. And I love the card to fill out for him, it’s cute and clever. Thank you!!” ~AngelasPaperArt, Owner of The Original Parker Cell Phone Strap
- “Katie’s work can be found in any dictionary under the word “adorable”!” ~Jill Q.
- “So cute and adorable!” ~Inessa
- “So adorable!! I don’t even have words” ~ASDesigns
If you have bought one of our items, feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on this post.
Affiliate Disclosure StatementPosted on — Leave a comment
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links on this site:
- Some of the links on KatersAcres.com are affiliate links from which I receive a small commission from sales of items, the price is the same for you.
- Unless otherwise stated in the product review, all reviews are of items I have purchased myself and I am not paid or compensated in any way.
- If the item has been given to me for review purposes, this will be stated in the item review itself. This however, will NOT change the content or the review of the item itself. I will always be 100% honest in my feedback and review of all items on this site.
- Affiliate relationships include:
- Polymer Clay Adventure
- Amazon – We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nothing changes for you on the buying end and all discounts or codes that you have to use will still be accepted.
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This policy is valid from 1 February 2015
This blog is written by Katie Oskin. This blog does no longer accept forms of commissions in the form of cash advertising, sponsorships, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion, and identity. Our cross marketing relations are formed with communities and partner we trust and believe in. They are not purchased or bought in any way. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
If this blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest, the content will always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org