WIP Wednesday is here again! One of my favorite blog posts to write for you is WIP Wednesday and it’s hard for me to believe that it’s been two weeks since the last one. Last week I showcased some really awesome talent too, so if you missed it, you’ll want to be sure you check it out. Today you’ll get to see some more studio spotlights, a special Amazon deal, and even a special studio addition! Every WIP Wednesday post is jammed pack full of fun, it’s always a post you’ll want to see and read.
- Color Shift Paints. This week I got to play with the new Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints. I am still testing them for use on polymer. They are wonderfully color shifting and superbly transparent. I have pink, purple, & aqua flash.
- Here’s my April Kokeshi Doll swap from Krithika Parthan from Parker’s Tribe FaceBook Group. You’ll be reading more about this in a future post.
- I was finally able to get my hands on the NEW Sculpey liquid polymer clays in black, white, & clear. And now the testing and playing begins.
- The newest tutorial in the shop is this Mixed Media Phoenix Canvas! This is a great project with a lot of new things that you are going to love to try: from prepping your canvas, making your bird shape, designing a veneer, making a Skinner Blend, adding fibers, adding beads/crystals, coloring your bird, baking the sculpture. In addition you will learn how to make custom paints that perfectly match your Phoenix, design your background, use stamps, acrylics, and place your bird. Or, you can purchase this canvas here.
- I was so surprised to see this set of Chalk Pastels on sale at Amazon this week. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite sets. Don’t miss out on this discount!
- One of my first experiments with the new Sculpey Clear. Incidentally, it uses leftovers from this free video tutorial I did on YouTube this week!
- Mr. Katie & I went to our niece’s wedding this past weekend. She was beautiful, the wedding was beautiful and a great time was had by all!
- Skinner blends and strips! *Sigh* I sincerely have a love affair with color.
- My new fairy door arrived from ClayByKim. It’s now happily installed in my studio. If you aren’t familiar with her, be sure to check her out.
- My mobile office was being put to good use this past week. If you aren’t familiar with my mobile office, here’s why you need one too!
- I also took some time out to make a little tea cup bird feeder for my Mom for a Mother’s Day gift. Yes … I found it on Pinterest.
Have you tried a new non-polymer related craft or project this week? Leave your link to it in the comments below.
Clay Community Notes and Tidbits:
- Polyform’s newest liquid clay: Sculpey CLEAR, Black, & White have been released. The best price for these can currently be found at SculpeyProducts.com
- Wondering about Alcohol Inks? The Blue Bottle Tree has a new informative article out about them. Check it out.
- Don’t miss Phyllis Pollema Cahill’s experiments with resin in this informative post.
- Posable Chinese Dragon Workshop in Linesville, PA on June 14th! There are only 2 seats available. Get details and come join the fun! [Click here to see all available workshops]
- Speaking of workshops … did you see that Jenny Darchuk-Sorensen is having a workshop weekend in Montana? Get details here.
- It’s week 20 of the #2017PCChallenge and it’s not too late to join the fun. Come on over and join the 2017 Polymer Clay Challenge.