Polymer Clay Project
Do you know what’s just around the corner? FALL! My favorite season of the entire year (most likely my affinity for leaf canes). This project is much easier than it looks. All you need are a few simple supplies and some complimentary leaf canes.
How To Make Coordinating Leaf Canes:
Though all my canes are different, they match and look great together. Here’s why: I used one color for the center veins and for the outside on each cane. This will help your leaf canes naturally look like they match, especially if you’re making sinner blended canes. Don’t know how to make leaf canes? CLICK HERE for several tutorials & projects using leaf canes.
- Already made (and rested) Leaf Canes
- Bake & Bond
- Tissue Blade
- Brass Leaves (I got mine at BSueBoutiques.com)
- Bead Yumminess: Swarovski Crystal Bicones, Spectra Beads, Gemstones, Glass Pearl Beads
Fall Pendant Tutorial:
- Cut your leaf cane into thick slices, no less than 1/4″ each
- Shape your leaf with your fingers and flatten the edges
- Use a needle tool to make ridges in the leaf
- Place your first leaf flat on your work surface
- Place some Bake & Bond on the place where you want your leaf to sit
- Place your brass leaf on top of the caned leaf
- Add your “secure leaves” – These are the leaves that will envelope your brass and hold it firmly in place. You will likely need at least 3 if not 4.
- Now continue adding your caned leaves in any arrangement you find pleasing to your eye.
- When all your leaves are in place add Swarovski crystals, spectra beads, or other components tucked under leaves and sticking out from random places
- Add a light dusting of mica powder on the edges of a few of the leaves to jazz them up
- Bake in the oven at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes
- String on any stringing material of your choice with beads and extra caned leaves.
- NOTE: I strung mine on brown cording with gorgeous brown wooden beads alongside my leaf cane charms.
Finish In Style:
Free Tutorials are Made Possible by the Whimsical Sculpting Tutorial Club Members. Come & Join Us!
Sculpt Your Dreams,
Whimsical Sculpting Tutorial Club
This is a sculpture based whimsical sculpting tutorial club using polymer clay. This is a great club at a low cost with high value. The Whimsical Sculpting Tutorials Club is a membership club offering monthly sculpting projects, some with a mixed media focus. This club is an exclusive membership tutorial club that will give you at least 2 projects a month with supplemental freebies. See below for details.
Recurring Monthly Subscription. No Refunds.